You did it you sold your Phoenix AZ or Scottsdale AZ home. Congratulations. Now the fun part. Moving
It’s a given no one likes moving. Fun is not a word associated with moving. However, it doesnt have to be traumatic either.
- Send change of address to: Post office (give forwarding address), charge accounts and credit cards, subscriptions (change notice requires several weeks), and friends and relatives.
- Contact gas, electric, and telephone companies in new location to arrange for immediate service.
- Arrange insurance on the new home prior to the transfer of property.
- Discontinue deliveries, electricity, water, gas, newspapers, and garbage collection, etc.
- Cancel club memberships.
- Transfer car title registration, if necessary, as well as driver’s license, city windshield sticker, and motor club membership.
- Arrange for transporting pets and obtain immunization records from the vet.
- Carry traveler’s checks for quick, available funds.
- Service the car for the trip.
- Disconnect the telephone.
One Week Before Moving
- Clean and air out your stove.
- Defrost refrigerator and freezer 24 hours before leaving.
- Place charcoal or baking soda inside refrigerator and freezer to dispel odors.
- Dispose of all open cans and jars that cannot be tightly sealed.
- Remember to pack your telephone directory for future reference.
On Your Moving Day
- Leave a copy of your travel itinerary with a friend or relative.
- Carry all currency, jewelry, and personal papers (birth certificates, deeds, and documents).
- Double check closets, drawers, and shelves to be sure they are empty.
Now the fun begins. You have the keys to your new home and you can move-in and unpack (ok, not fun). However, you are establishing roots in your new ‘dream home’ and can begin to create a lifelong amount of memories.
Enjoy this process, and make it much more settling with the help of an experienced Phoenix AZ Real estate agent.
Best of Luck and Congratulations! – James