Early this morning, I made my coffee and took my Jack Russell Terrier, Riley, for a long walk. It is less than 7o degrees. Dare I say, a bit chilly. It is a spectacular time of year in Scottsdale.
Visitors from all over the worlds travel each year to explore all that the Valley of the Sun and the Sonoran Desert.
Choices include hiking, biking, museums, zoos, hunting, fishing, camping, boating, old west towns, shopping, eating and golf, golf, golf and more golf.
Here are 5 Things to do in and around Phoenix AZ.
- Camelback Mountain – view the magnificent red cliffs or challenge yourself by climbing/hiking the Phoenix AZ landmark
- Taliesin West – get a guided tour of the North Scottsdale AZ home of Frank Lloyd Wright and get a private tour from the art students who study the master architect.
- Bondurant School of Driving – get a quick education on safety and driving and get behind the wheel of a high-powered race car and zoom around the course
- Rawhide at Wild Horse Pass – take step back in time to an authentic replica of 1880’s Old West town with recreation of gunfights, train rides, a petting zoo and enjoy their famous sundown cookouts. Don’t miss the famous Doomtown Haunted House for Halloween.
- Phoenix Zoo – a Voted Top 5 Zoo for kids. This nationally recognized Phoenix zoo with a unique collection of exotic animals. Don’t miss the ‘winter lights’ festival during the holidays that lights up the night with mesmerizing displays of lights in the trees throughout the zoo.
Get out of the house and enjoy the climate and the activities like hiking, golf, and even skiing in Flagstaff AZ and discover why the quality of life in greater Phoenix AZ and Scottsdale AZ is virtually second to none.
Have a great week!